Made you look!
(Hey, at least we didn’t Rickroll you.)
But seriously, WHY are the Pushcart dates so confusing? Here are some date inconsistencies that are less confusing than Pushcart Prizes:
- The groundbreaking TIME Magazine cover that hit shelves yesterday is dated June 9th.
- Anything that goes down between Dec. 21 and Dec. 31 happens in winter of that year, even though that winter ended nine months ago.
- Every winter, just when you’ve trained yourself to start writing the new, current year on important documents, you have to fill out a whole bunch of important tax forms for last year.
- Presidential elections happen on years divisible by 8, but presidencies start and end on odd years, mostly because horses are slower than the Internet.
- This classic International Date Line gag:
Congratulations to all 2015 Pushart Prize winners and nominees, even if we can’t for the life of us figure out where that extra year went.